Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Roosting...

   One of my very best friends Melissa, has two boys, Dalton and Wyatt.  She has been saying that the MINUTE I found out whether I was having a boy she was packing all her boy stuff up and sending it to my house.  She even promised to do it if it were a girl too because "who cares" if she wears blue.  So she has been lovingly giving me things for MONTHS.  My guest room looked like a baby bomb went off in it but in all seriousness, there are a lot of things I won't have to get because she gave them to me already.  One of her, ahem, gifts was 9...count them NINE boxes of baby clothes.  All packed lovingly in old diaper boxes which are super legible to read sizes on...NOT.  So one of my projects has been to get all those boxes opened, gone through, and organized into month sizes. That way, when Owen starts to outgrow 6 month clothes I can simply go to the 6-9 month bin and pull it, wash it and be ready to go.  Well, this turned into a bigger project than I expected (I should really have this put on a t-shirt...walking from the bedroom to the living room is a bigger project than I expected at this point too). But, 2 hours, 9 boxes, and 2 loads of laundry later I was done...here's the evidence:


   I washed/hung/folded anything that was newborn up to 6 months because I don't know if I will have normal sized babies or super chunks.  Now, I have NO IDEA where we will put these finished masterpieces boxes but they are there and organized and labeled and they make my heart happy.  I still have the girls stuff to do as well but it is not nearly as IMMENSE as the boys clothes project.  Earlier, as all these clothes were strewn about the kitchen (had to work at the kitchen table...can't get up off the floor) Mason kind of looked at me funny.  He had been running the empty boxes to the trash without complaint but I finally stopped and told him the definition of of "nesting".  I explained to him that our house was filthy, nothing was done, and my head was going to explode if all chores didn't get done before the babies came...not really, I just tried to make him understand a moms need to make things perfect etc.  So later, after I have finished my clothes project, I fell down on the couch next to him and mumbled something about sorry I missed watching our TV show or whatever because I was busy and he said, "it's ok babe...I know you were roosting"...I nearly lost it I was trying so hard not to laugh.  LOVE. THAT. MAN... Roosting vs.Nesting...Close enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment