Saturday, January 24, 2015

Maternity Pictures

    Soooo, in case I haven't made it clear in this blog thus far, I am not one of those glowing, dewy, happy pregnant women.  I am the pregnant woman that has already outgrown her maternity pants, hurts most of the time, can't bend over, loses her breath, and feels like the size of a small circus tent most days.  It has really been a struggle, actually, because I feel very, very strange during pregnancy. I don't really wear makeup or put much effort into my appearance past showering and making sure my hair looks semi-manageable. I don't know why...I just don't feel...myself. Don't get me wrong, I know what I am doing is super important and I wouldn't trade it for anything, I guess I just look at it as an "out of body" experience for these 9 months and then I will go back to being myself after they are born, maybe?  To which people laugh and say "HAHAHAHAHA...no you won't" which incites a fresh wave of panic, but I digress.  When the opportunity to have these maternity photos came about I knew I should do it because I want to look back one day and say "ohhhhhh, I was still a little pretty and look how my body grew TWO babies, etc.".  So, I did it up big.  I had my good friend Randi do my makeup, curled my hair (and used product!) and put on my lacy shirt and only pair of pants that still fit and Mason and I headed out to Royse City. 
   I cannot say ENOUGH about Nicole Woodard, our photographer that took these pictures.  She was also VERY pregnant and still managed to climb into bushes and all around to get these shots.  She loves to use the sun and I think they came out AMAZING!



                               



We saw a picture like this on Pinterest years ago and Mason said he wanted to recreate it when our time came...HILARIOUS!

 
  


This guy...Mason...I cannot say ENOUGH how awesome he was during this shoot.  He had his pregnant wife AND a pregnant photographer so he was having to help us both up and down and breaking sticks and twigs to help make shots easier for Nicole.  He's a trooper...even though he told me he is SOOOOOO over pictures!  

  I have to say after seeing them, I still clean up decent.  Maybe a few years from now when I have cheerios in my hair, spit up on my shoulder, and two toddlers clinging to my legs I will look back at these pictures and long for the days I had a choice in putting on makeup and actually doing my hair. Until then, I will stick to just showers, decent hair, and wearing one of my 6 tops I haven't outgrown yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment