Sunday, January 11, 2015

My AMAZINGLY, PERFECT, BEAUTIFUL Baby Shower! 

    Yesterday was an AWESOME day!  It was a day I have looked so forward to and honestly, seemed so far away at the time and I can't believe its come and gone.  Owen & McKenna's Aunt Lindsey, Aunt Sissa, Aunt Melissa, and Aunt Brooke offered to throw me a shower quite some time ago. 


Melissa * Sissa * Linds * Brooke

   I really had only two requests and they were, 1) that it be relatively early as I wanted to attend and not be in danger of some bed rest etc. and 2) I wanted one big shindig.  I didn't want to have multiple people trying to offer to host and do this family one weekend, friends this weekend, etc....too much. My guest list teetered on 60 people and I still could have added more but in the interest of space etc. I capped it at that.  The shower was held in the same room Mason and I were married in and to say it was surreal is an understatement.  I have had so many friends have babies.  I have been to so many showers with the pretty pink and blue bag in hand with the adorable clothes or bath stuff or nursery supplies that I had lovingly picked out for mom-to-be.  And at EVERY one of those showers I would ask myself if this would ever happen to me...even at times in my life when I wasn't ready for kids or even married.  Its just always been my fear that I wouldn't be a mom and it has happened, its happenING!  And for as much as it is not comfortable, enjoyable, and somedays downright awful...I am so glad to be pregnant, so glad God blessed me with two, and so glad I get the chance to do what I have watched some amazing women around me do...be a mom. 
   Anyway, back to the shower...each baby had their own table, beautiful fabric banner, and sweet girl got her own "table tutu".  There was fruit, pinwheels, and my fave...pigs in a blanket! Lemonade and tea for sipping and the cakes...oh the cakes.  







McKenna's Table















                                               Owen's Table







   I mean could they be ANY cuter!!!!  The cakes were done by a friend of Sissa's (and actually Mason and I as well) and Lordy is she talented.  She did the cake for our gender reveal and not only are they beautiful but they taste amazing.  AND she does it all without using fondant which is impressive...here is a close up of them...


  And I love that both their names were on them...love me anything with names or monograms!!!  So if you ever need cakes, look up Ashley Stephens on Facebook...you will NOT be disappointed!  And those banners and adorable wooden signs lovingly made by Sissa, well I am trying to decide where they will go in the kids rooms or in my house or something.  For sure I am using them in my maternity photos...too cute not to! 
   People began showing up around 3 with so many beautiful bags and boxes and I got to see people I haven't seen in YEARS including part of my team back when I first started teaching; Katie and Holly. 


Holly * Me * Owen/McKenna * Katie

   When I left STA, Katie was pregnant with sweet Dalton and Holly has since had beautiful Miss Georgia...so good to see them!  All my aunts, my friends, my Toler friends and family were there!  

The Toler Crew
Connie * Wendi * Melissa * Brooke * Me/O/McKenna * Nickki * Fink * Tanisha
(These ladies...I love my new school and new job but NO ONE made me laugh at work like them!)

******I took pictures with EVERYONE that attended at the shower...when I get them off my mom's camera I will be placing them ALL here*******

    I mingled and ate, mingled some more, ate some more and then Sissa made me go sit in a chair and it was time to start opening the babies goodies. They got SO MANY clothes, boppies, blankets, their Rock N' Play sleepers (which have come highly recommended from every new mom I know) and diapers and wipes galore. They also got TONS of gift cards! It was so fun to open everything and people oooooh and ahhhhh and I can't wait to see them in this stuff.  I thanked everyone for coming and through tears, thanked them all for loving me and loving these babies before they even arrive!
   Mason came back after it was over and helped load everything into our car.  When we got home we dumped it all in the floor of the nursery and it looked like this...

     
        













      I couldn't even lift the reclining part...so much stuff!
        I mean...that ^ is crazy!!!


The Dogs had their heads shoved all the way in bags...hilarious!

   So as you can see, we are BLESSED!  I spent Saturday night trying to wade through/hang up most of it all and most of today trying to finish up and take note of what we still need to get. We went ahead and used our gift cards to order the carseats and bouncers for each of them.  We also hit up Target where they had tons of stuff on sale to get their bottles, some miscellaneous things like receiving blankets, and burp cloths.


That is 12 bottles per baby...Oy. My cabinets look SURREAL when I open them and see this!!!

  Mason (and Jaxon, Macy and Brooklyn) helped put McKenna's Rock N' Play and Bouncer together this evening...

 

McKenna's Stuff...Owen's is all being shipped to us!!


The crew...worn out after some baby building!!!


   To sum up...thank you to these 4 beautiful ladies!  Thank you for loving me and loving my babies and for making their baby shower so beautiful, special, and memorable!  Love you all so very much!











No comments:

Post a Comment