Sunday, November 30, 2014

Lindsey' Bridal Shower, Sissa's Birthday, and Hospital Visit #1
 
    Yes, you read correctly, Hospital visit, #1, insinuating there was a second and there was but that's for another post.
   Saturday started early for us because we had to drive to Katy, TX for Lindsey's bridal shower!  We left home about 7:45 and 4 uncomfortable hours later we arrived in Katy and were at a McDonalds grabbing some lunch before the shower started at 1.  The people who threw this shower for Lindsey were her "Sealy Family" with her friend Sherri from college.  Sherri found an adorable little cottage and it was perfect for the shower.  We played cute games and watched Linds get a bunch of good stuff.
 
           
The lovely Verm Ladies
 
 
   
 
 
           
                     The Bride!
 
                         
 
 
 
Mom, Linds, Me, McKenna & Owen (oy)
 
     After a beautiful shower we hopped back in the car to head to Fort Worth.  Melissa's birthday is on Monday the 1st so this was our only day to celebrate.  She wanted to go to Fort Worth and barhop and walk around so we said we would meet everyone down there.  Mason was a TROOPER and drove us to Katy and to Fort Worth and he didn't even complain when I had to go to the bathroom or when we hit traffic.  We arrived at the hotel in Fort Worth after I had to shift 349509 times in the car trying to get comfortable (and I was also hot as could be) where we changed and grabbed the shuttle to meet everyone at the Stockyards.  We got there and everyone was so happy to see us and was having a good ol' time!  We found a lady singing karaoke outside and we ordered pizza and cheesesticks and danced to some country karaoke music! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   We headed to a nearby place called Neon Moon and everyone got a beverage.  We were laughing and watching people dance etc. when we realized Harris was missing a part of her earring.  We decided to go back and trace our steps from the outdoor dancing location and as we came out of the bar I saw something shiny so I went towards it and BAM there was a giant curb that I missed COMPLETELY and I went face down; first on my knees, then on my hands and I guess they were not able to support my weight so then I landed on the belly and I quickly rolled to my left side.  But the damage had been done, belly met pavement, my hands were skinned and knees were throbbing.  I was in tears and a lady came running and asked if we wanted to call an ambulance.  I thought that was a little extreme but I asked Melissa what she would do and she said she would go have them checked so that's what we decided to do. 
 
 
The knees...Pretty, right?
 

   She went and got Mason who came running out and I know I scared him to death.  We convinced Justin to keep Melissa there and that we were only doing this as a precaution.  We went back to the hotel and checked out, I got in the car with Melissa and Mason followed in our car.  I called Presby on the way and my doctor was on call and he got on the phone and told us to come to labor and delivery.  Good thing I took that tour cause I knew where to go!  We got inside, checked in, filled out 383929 pieces of paperwork and they slapped the bracelets on me.  Now, I had yet to feel any pain or have any cramping or anything...this was truly for peace of mind. They got us back into the triage room (I remembered it from the tour too!) and I got in a gown.  The nurse, Heather, came in and asked me lots of questions, what happened etc.  We told her we were 20 weeks and 4 days with twins and she told us some good stuff and bad stuff. She said in her 3 years there she had never seen any mama have an issue related to a fall that was life threatening to their baby, even from bad car wrecks, because they are so cushioned and protected.  But she also told us that with twins and how small they were there was little they could do to really "monitor" them besides check for heart tones and make sure I wasn't contracting. They could call for an ultrasound if the doctor felt it necessary but since I wasn't bleeding or in any pain there wasn't a lot of need for one.  She put the doplar wand on my belly and there was one strong heartbeat and she moved the wand to the other side and there was another.  I was balling...I was so tired, we had been in the car for so long, and I was so mad at myself for doing this.  She hooked me up to a contraction machine and observed me for 30 minutes or so...no activity which is good.  She told us all the warming signs to look for and to come back if I experienced any and then she discharged us.  After ANOTHER drive and a trip through Jack in the Box we were home...by 2am we were in bed, thankful things turned out how they did.  I told Mason I had no intention of getting out of bed the next day and I just wanted to rest.  I am so thankful it wasn't worse and that I got to hear their sweet heartbeats again...we just keep praying for healthy, full term babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment