Thursday, November 27, 2014


Thanksgiving 2014

    Thanksgiving 2014 came and went and it was a wonderful day! My awesome mom took the pressure off of me by offering to host Thanksgiving!  I LOVE hosting things at my house, Thanksgiving especially, and I probably could have done it but it would have been exhausting.  Mason and I headed over to mom and dads early so I could help with any last minute details but my wonderful aunts had been over the night before to help her so there was really very little for us to do.  We ate cinnamon rolls and watched a little of the parade and dad and Mason peeled potatoes for me. We got dressed as everyone was arriving and then for the next hour Mason and I were in the kitchen helping mom, drying dishes, and making the mashed potatoes.  Mason took over in that department and I have to say he did an awesome job!
   We ate around 12:30 and after we ate I was spent.  All the standing caught up to me and the mass amounts of food and I had to lay down. I took a quick nap, first on the couch, then in mom and dads bed and then I was awake again and ready for pie!!!!
    After we finished at mom and dads we headed home to let the dogs out and gather our contributions for Thanksgiving with Mason's family.  We opted to do a "snacky" evening since we all ate Thanksgiving food during the day.  The spread we had out was INSANE and, of course, we were all still pretty full from our respective lunches but we managed to put away some snacks.  Pam bought the game Rotten Apples and we sat for a few hours and played that game and it was HILARIOUS!  I laughed so hard my side hurt!  It really was a wonderful day and I cannot believe next year we will have two little 8-month-olds to celebrate the holidays with!!  Makes me so happy just thinking about it! We are so very blessed everyday of the year, even before God blessed us with the babies, and it makes me overwhelmed to think of all God has given us.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment