Sunday, December 14, 2014

BabyMoon!  Well...sort of...

     I knew that I wanted Mason and I to get away one more time before the kids came.  Really, we wanted a weekend away with no barking dogs and having to be quiet when we sneeze in the morning so as not to wake them up.  So several weeks ago we decided on Granbury because it's not too far (sitting is still extremely painful for me) and it has just enough to do for a little day and a half getaway.  The preparation for this weekend away was more time consuming than the weekend itself, premonition for kids maybe?
    Thursday afternoon I made Brooklyn a vet appointment because she is consistently loosing weight and has this awful cough that tends to make her barf...on our bed, on my leg, on the freshly mopped floor, etc. and we have waited to see if it got better and it really hasn't.  So, Mason grabbed her on Thursday night and took her to the vet and I got home and grabbed Jaxon and Macy and packed them up to take them to their Nana'S AKA my mom and dad's.  I got the joy of sitting in traffic for an HOUR to get from Rockwall to Mesquite and I also got to learn that Jaxon doesn't care for a stopped car, it causes him to whine immensely.  So you can imagine what stop-and-go traffic did to him and to my nerves by the time we reached Mesquite. Once we got there, I got them unpacked and settled, chatted with mom and dad for a bit to let the traffic die down and headed home.  Mason called on the way back with the vet on the phone.  Apparently, my dog has allergies.  It is what is causing her rash on her skin and this cough.  I asked the vet about the weightloss, she has lost 9 pounds since her last visit, and he said she may also have in inflammatory bowel issue but that the antibiotics he was giving her for the allergies would clear that up if it were the case. He also suggested putting her on a more fattening diet, putting something in her bowl when she eats so she won't eat so fast, and he gave her a steroid shot while she was there.  Over $100 later Mason had her in the car on the way home.  The next fun thing we realized is that he put her on an oral antibiotic.  Trying to give Brooklyn pills or liquid medicine is like trying to get that girl in the Exorcist to stop spinning her head around. Mason and Justin tried to give her Pepto one night and they both ended up covered in pink liquid and she ended up with none in her. So now, we have pills to give her...awesome.  Mason came up with the brilliant idea of stuffing it into a cheesestick...sister ate it right up, THANK GOD. We went to bed Thursday night with one very confused Brooklyn, looking for her brother and sister, with intentions of leaving after work on Friday.
    Friday came, we worked, we went home, we packed, and we loaded Brooklyn up to take her to Justin and Melissa's.  We sat at their house for a bit while I watched Brooklyn scale the back of their sofa a zillion times, park herself at their dogs food bowl and INHALE food, and irritate their little chihuahua.  I was so proud. We finally got on the road about 6 with the intentions of hitting up Babe's on the Granbury square.  We hit traffic BIG TIME but we managed to make it to Babe's before they closed. I was in a lot of pain so I had to get up a few times during the meal and walk around and we were exhausted by the time we reached the hotel. It was a Holiday Inn Express that I found for a great deal on Hotels.com.  I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I heard Mason say, "ohhhh this bed is HARD".  I came out and tested it and sure enough, it was like sleeping on a concrete slab.  We called and ordered more pillows thinking maybe that might make it more cozy. WRONG.  We settled in as best we could knowing we had massages the next morning.
   Saturday morning came and it was the WORST NIGHTS SLEEP I HAVE EVER HAD.  Sleeping is currently touch and go for me because of my back but at home, once I get settled in with my 349784 pillows I sleep pretty good. Not here.  Every part of my body was stiff and my back was throbbing. We got up and headed to breakfast which was pretty fab, I have to admit, although I went in my pajamas...sorry!  We came back to our room and after a hot shower I felt better and we were headed to get massaged.
   If you are EVER in Granbury and feel like you need a massage, I cannot say enough about Granbury Massage and Wellness.  I found them on the internet and when I called and made our appointments I was working blind, although they had several great reviews online.  We got a couples massage where Mason got Swedish and I got prenatal.  I don't know if I was just super achy from the sleeping situation or what but it was the BEST massage ever.  I had to be massaged on my sides, which was fine, and Mason said he fell asleep in the middle of his. But the coolest thing was after my massage was finished, my lady put one hand on my belly and one hand on my head and prayed over us.  It was so touching and it made the experience for me!  Sadly, they ended and we got dressed and headed out in search of some lunch.  We saw a cool place on the square called The Fillin' Station and the whole menu was themed after cars!  i had the giant bacon cheeseburger, the Cadillac I think, and Mason had hubcaps (fried pickles) and the buffalo chicken sandwich. After we finished eating, we intended to walk through the shops and browse etc.  Well, I got through about 4 stores and I was nearly in tears from the back and stomach pain.  Mason came out of one store and I was sitting on a bale of hay they had used for a fall scene...he just looked at me and said "why don't we go back  to the hotel for a bit".  So we did.  And we got back on that concrete bed and I dozed for a bit and when we had tossed and turned enough we finally looked at each other and said "let's go home".  We went to the front desk and told them we wanted to check out and he lady seemed confused.  I explained we didn't want any money, we just wanted them to know we were leaving.  She continued to look puzzled and said she would have to let a manager know and have them check us out the next day. Ok, sounds good to me but we are leaving!  That's what I wanted to say, but I didnt!  So we got back in the car and headed home.  I felt so guilty and so mad at myself that I tried to do this when I know this pain has been so bad recently.  Part of me thought the massages would help, I would be relaxed and my muscles would be loosened up and I would be able to walk for longer but I was sorely mistaken.
   We got home and went and got Brooklyn and headed back to our bed.  We ordered pizza and watched TV and fell asleep around 10.  It wasn't the weekend I thought it would be or the one I was expecting but it was perfect for us. Sunday we got some errands run and picked up our other two mutts and had a fun night baking and decorating more cookies with Justin and Melissa. Here is the only picture we have from our "babymoon"...


   We hit 23 weeks this coming Wednesday so that's one week closer to week 24 and viability!  I just have to survive this last week at work and then Mason and I have two glorious weeks off. We will be doing lots of nursery projects, Mason just doesn't know it yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment