Wednesday, December 17, 2014

23 Weeks and a Gallbladder Scan

     Woooooo hooooo! Today marks 23 weeks and 99 days until our March 26th C-Section.There is something powerful about getting into double digits.  Here is how the prince and princess look today....



     The difference between 21 weeks and 23 weeks is amazing to me...so much growth!

  
                                      21 weeks                                 23 weeks

  Crazy, I tell ya!  Anyways, I have continued to have this excruciating pain in my back since around Thanksgiving.  I sit on a heating pad at work, bring my pregnancy pillow with me EVERYWHERE and still have to go lay down in the clinic at least once a day to get the pain under control.  Laying down is the only time it is completely gone. I noticed on Monday that the pain was really bad after I ate lunch and a snack after school so I called my doctor and let them know.  His nurse immediately called me back and wanted to send me to get my gallbladder scanned to make sure I didn't have gallstones etc. that might be causing this pain.  So I headed BACK to the hospital yesterday for an abdominal sonogram.  I got the nicest lady in both registration and the actual technician...I am always super impressed with Presbyterian of Dallas and I feel 100% confident knowing I will have my babies there. Anyway, she scanned all over my belly and when she got to my gallbladder she said, in her opinion, it looked fine.  No stones, no sign of disease or anything HOWEVER my right kidney showed that it was retaining fluid.  Since I have so many human beings in my stomach they are squishing all my organs to the sides and consequently, my ureters which drain fluid in and out of the kidneys are "pinched".  So I hammered her with questions...well is that dangerous? What do you do for that? Can it hurt the babies?  She said she has seen two things done; 1) they have put a stint in the ureters/kidney to help it drain or 2) they have attached a tube in somewhere in your back and you PEE INTO A BAG. Ummmmm, thanks but no. The pictures were all sent to my doctor and she said he would probably be in touch with me to discuss so I am hoping maybe he will call me with better news or some sort of remedy BESIDES delivery. I consider the scan a success for two reasons.  One, its not my gallbladder and I don't have to have surgery while pregnant.  Two, at least I know WHY I am in pain and that its not all in my head or I am overreacting to normal pregnancy pain.  I consider it a failure because I am no closer to feeling better and I still have 14 weeks to go. Lordy. 
   Next week is super busy for us because I got about 60% of my Christmas shopping done early and then stopped so I have 40% of my shopping to finish up and get wrapped next week. One week until Christmas and the 24 week mark!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment