Tuesday, November 25, 2014


CHAIR Update and Hospital Tour

    After the hysterics of yesterday I pulled myself together today for us to go out on some errands.  Maria was coming to clean for us at 8am so we headed over to grab Justin and we ran some errands for Christmas.  While we were in Allen we happened to drive by a Buy Buy Baby and I asked if we could stop in.  I wasn't hopeful since I had looked at their stock online and was not impressed. We headed in and the employee pointed us to the back and holy moly...it was like Babes in Toyland...except for toys it was gliders and rockers and recliners EVERYWHERE!  We started our sitting and relaxing routine again and Mason called me over to one he liked.  I liked it too, except that it was navy blue and tan so I assumed we were out of luck AGAIN. However, the angel salesman in the department came over with a STACK I TELL YOU of swatches the chair came in.  And lo and behold we found one we loved!!  THEN, the sales guy tells us that if I can go online and sign up for their emails I can get a 20% off coupon, which I did.  So our chair cost us HALF of what the one at Lazy Boy would have and we LOVE IT and the pattern is perfect!!

 
This is the pattern/color swatch the chair will come in.

 
This is the pattern we chose but in navy...our swatch is in the chair!
 
 
   I could have SKIPPED out of there and throughout the day Mason would look at me and I was just smiling away. How can a person get this happy over some furniture?????  It has been ordered and we pick it up in several weeks...yippee!!
    As IF this day wasn't already awesome we were set to tour the Labor and Delivery area of the hospital at 3pm.  People asked me why this was important to me and I can only say I just like to know stuff. I wanted to see where we would check in, the rooms we would be delivering in etc.  I began the tour on my own because Mason was on his way back with Justin from his doctors appointment.  They took us to the admitting desk, back to the triage waiting area, the prep room and an actual delivery room.  We didn't get to see an OR which I wish we had because I am set for a C-Section at this point, but I got to ask several questions and I especially liked knowing where we needed to check in because that hospital is GIANT.  Next, she took us upstairs to postpartum to show us the different types of rooms we can opt for.  The basic, private room is RIDICULOUSLY SMALL for one baby, let alone two baby isolettes and visitors. The next two steps up will hold a roll away bed and the suite comes with a gift basket...I like me some freebies. The last part of the tour we went to the nursery.  Presby has never lost a baby (knock on wood) due to theft and they told us that the babies and mom and dad will wear little tags that sing a lullaby when placed nearby each other and set an alarm off if they get too far apart.  The hospital is very pro "keep mom with baby as much as possible" and they will only be taken for a few medical tests, circumcisions, and of course, if we want them to go to the nursery.  After it was all over I just enjoyed seeing where we will be in the next 3.5 months.  We go back for a Drs. appointment on the 5th and they gave us a phone number to call so we can tour the NICU...which is very important to me.
   After the tour, it was time to sit in traffic go home and get a few things together for Thanksgiving.  It was so nice to come home to a clean house and know we HAVE A CHAIR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment