Saturday, August 9, 2014

Telling My Family!

Mason and I have had many conversations about who to tell and when.  For every woman I know who has had a successful pregnancy, I know many more who have suffered miscarriages very early.  Despite knowing that I just had to tell my parents and my sister...it wasn't a choice for me!  I spent the week trying to decide how we would tell them and when.  We settled on having them over for dinner on Friday night and giving them something that told them they were getting a grandbaby and a niece/nephew. 

I spent the week making trips to Hobby Lobby and deciding how we would do it exactly.  Mason found a cute poem he liked and we decided to use that verses a picture of us holding the pregnancy test (which was good because since I found out I was pregnant I have found it difficult to leave the couch, let alone shower and make myself picture-ready). This is what we ended up with...

 
Frames for my dad and Lindsey and Ted
 
 
 
A "brag book" for mom!!!
 

The night of dinner arrived and we were BOTH nervous wrecks!!  We were going to try and make it through dinner but we couldn't.  Everyone arrived and I casually mentioned we had picked something up for them.  We brought the gifts out of our office; Mason handed dad his and I gave mom and Linds theirs.  Lindsey knew immediately and her hands went to her mouth and she started crying.  Dad says "REALLY?" from the couch and jumped up and hugged us both.  Mom was in the kitchen with hers and I heard her say "how cute" and realized she thought it was from the dogs (they call her nana too).  I told her to open it and after she read the inside her eyes got HUGE and the tears started.  She said "I so need this in my life right now!" and it was hugs and tears and handshakes all around. 

It takes a HUGE weight off my chest now that they know and we are just going to take it one day at a time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment