Monday, August 11, 2014

My Pregnancy Observations So Far...

I have read everything I could get my hands on about early pregnancy, signed up for the "What to Expect..." App, and joined an April Babies forum (our proposed due date month).  And everything talks about the symptoms of early pregnancy and man are they right.  I.AM.EXHAUSTED. I am not a person who stays still very well.  Mason begs me sometimes to just sit down, let the laundry be for a minute and relax.  Well, since I found out I was pregnant, ALL I have done is lay down, sit down, think about laying down, wish I was laying down when I was sitting down, or driving, or anything really. I haven't managed to make it into the kitchen to cook dinner once this week and by 9pm my eyes are drooping.  Add to that the random waves of nausea after eating, after brushing my teeth, or when I stand up too fast, and I am a believer in the saying that the first trimester is about "surviving".  However, some sweet moments have happened too.  Mason now talks to my belly before we go to bed each night and we watch the videos on my App that tell what our baby is doing or how it is developing at this time in our pregnancy.  Baby is currently the size of an orange seed and has a tail!!!  On Sunday we walked around Costco and looked at baby related things...getting ourselves a little excited.  We are cautiously optimistic and looking forward to hearing baby's heartbeat in the next 18 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment