Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4th: The Day Our Lives Changed FOREVER!

For people who know me, I have freakishly weird sinus issues.  3 surgeries, 2 different doctors, countless prescriptions, acupuncture...you name it.  So, on Saturday the 2nd I began feeling the twinges of a sinus infection...in my teeth.  They were numbing a little and fuzzy but usually if I can get ahead of it with meds I am ok.  We had dinner at mom and dads on Saturday night and the only thing I remember thinking was odd was the fact that I had to get up from the dinner table and go lay down.  I figured it was because I had too much to drink and eat!!!!  By the next day the pain was getting worse and I was getting relief from NOTHING. 

On Monday the 4th I went and worked at my new school and my sister insisted I check in at CareNow and go get some antibiotics.  I got back in a room and the nurse came in and asked me what was going on and I casually mentioned to her that my husband and I were trying to get pregnant but that I had taken a pregnancy test the previous Friday and it was negative but that I still hadn't started.  She insisted they test me before the doctor prescribed any medications so I peed in the cup and I was back to the table waiting to see the doc.

The doctor came in and sat down and flipped through some papers and said "what's going on" so I launched into my explanation and told him I was 99% sure it was a sinus infection.  He responded with, "well, you're pregnant" and just continued to speak about things that I cannot recall.  I stopped him and I said "WHAT...I'M PREGNANT...ARE YOU SURE" and he laughed and said that is what the results said in the chart.  I began crying HYSTERICALLY, holding my belly and rocking back and forth in my chair.  He looked at me with these huge eyes and I know he couldn't decide whether he had just made me the happiest woman on earth or ruined my life with this news. I somehow managed to eek out the words "I'm so happy" so he could understand the reasoning for my hysterics. The exam continued, I think he checked my neck and looked in my throat and nose but I am not 100% sure.  He began talking to me about specific antibiotics that were safe for "expectant mothers" and I remember thinking to myself "who is expecting"!!!  He left the room and I remember him telling me someone would be back to take me to check out. A few minutes later he returned with this little stick thing in a Ziploc baggy and said, "I dug this out of the trash...its your results stick...since you were so happy" and the waterworks just started again.  I looked down at it and saw the two lines....the two lines I had NEVER seen before because I have taken countless tests with just the one line, the blaring negative.

I have never been so happy to see 2 little lines!!!!


I paid the front desk all the while clutching my little baggy with my stick.  All I could think about was Mason.  How would I tell him?  He had already held me and let me cry the Friday prior when I took my negative test and despite countless pins to my "How to tell people you are pregnant" pinboard on Pinterest, in this moment, I had NO clue how to tell him!  I headed to Wal-Mart to find anything that said "Daddy loves me" or daddy anything really and after two Wal-Mart trips I had a girl onesie and a boy onesie laid neatly in a box. At Wal-Mart #2 I also bought some pregnancy tests and took one in the bathroom (just to be sure) and sure enough, PREGNANT, popped right up!  I nestled that test down with the onesies in the box and headed to Masons job.  I asked him to meet me at the Shell near his work because I had a surprise for him!

My Wal-Mart finds!!


He pulled up next to me in the Shell station and I had my phone all ready to record.  He got in the car and I think he was looking for a sonic drink since that's the surprise I usually bring him. I handed him the box and his reaction was one I will not soon forget. My favorite part is the end when I asked him if he was happy and he said "yea! and scared as shit!"...my feelings exactly! 

Mason's Reaction caught on video!!!


So here we go...on our way to becoming PARENTS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment