Sunday, August 3, 2014

Many little girls dream about being a ballerina or a marine biologist or a cheerleader.  I never wanted any of those things. Well, ok maybe the ballerina thing but when I hit 6 foot tall in the 6th grade I was told THAT dream was out the window!  I always wanted to be one thing...a mom.  I had such specific plans for my life; 3 kids by the time I was 25, all girls, ballet lessons and soccer games in my early 30's. Welllllll, unfortunately, none of those plans have worked out the way I imagined they would! However, I have come to learn that this almost always works out in my favor so I am trying to learn to be patient with God's plans!

My husband, Mason, and I met in February of 2011 and were married in November of 2013. I am older than he is so we knew we wanted to start trying for a family pretty quickly.  Our baby journey began in January of 2014 and by the summer we were still childless.  I, in my Type-A personality style, launched into action.  I began undergoing tests and speaking with my doctor to devise a plan.  On August 4th, during an appointment at CareNow I found out I was pregnant!!!!  I have always had mixed emotions about sharing pregnancy news and updates via social media and swore when it was my turn I would simply start a blog.  That way, if people (my mom) wanted to know what was going on with my pregnancy they could simply click and read at their leisure.  And for those people that think they might die if they see one more person post about their impending pregnancy (been one of those people...guilty) then they can happily keep scrolling!

So here it is! I am only 5 weeks and some days but join Mason and I as we walk through this pregnancy journey! Happy reading!


       ~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment