Friday, January 2, 2015

Sonogram and Glucose Screen

    January 2nd arrived and it was time to go back and look at our Baby Boy and Girl.  Our appointment was at 10:45 so we headed toward the doctor.  We walked into the office and it was PACKED so we waited outside in the outer lobby.  We waited AN HOUR and finally got called back.  I was not happy because I feel like EVERY time we come for another sono we wait longer and longer.  Fortunately, we were both off work so it wasn't a huge deal but still...what makes it even harder is we love the doctors and the staff there so its hard to be mad at them!!  We were finally taken back and we got the most unfriendly technician we have had so far.  I kept having to ask her questions about what things were and her answers were short and pointed. Luckily, this was really more of a "checkup" so there was no real new information to be given.  She left and said the doctor would be in shortly and we FINALLY got to meet Dr. Rhinehart.  He is who we were always supposed to see but all the other times we have been in we have seen someone else in his practice.  He was fabulous!!!  He said my cervix looked long and closed...Good.  Owen weighed in at 2 pounds 3 ounces and McKenna weighed in at 2 pounds 2 ounces...still above average for weight at this time...Good.  He said that they looked "ridiculously normal" and for me to "keep doing what I am doing". I see him again in 4 weeks and then every 2 weeks after that.  Here's what I look like on the table...proceed to view at your own risk!

 
That is INSANE...
 
   We finished at the sonogram and had a few hours to kill before my OB appointment and glucose screen.  We walked around Northpark mall for a while and remembered why we never go there. Just not the place for us...we aren't really Roberto Cavalli people, we are more Target and Cavender's people!  Although, Mason got to sit in a Tesla so he considered the trip to be a success!!  It served its purpose and we killed enough time to head to the doctor. I went to sign in and we realized YET AGAIN that we were in the wrong office so we headed over to OB. We signed in and then they sent me to the lab to drink my glucose drink. That stuff was pretty nasty but bearable and she sent me back to the doctor and said I had to be back within an hour.  We headed back upstairs and waited for Dr. Richards. My blood pressure and urine were all normal and Dr. Richards said for sure I do not have preeclampsia, so that was a huge relief.  I told him that we feel Owen move constantly but we very rarely feel McKenna.  He said "there has to be one good kid and one wild child so your daughter must be the good kid"...Lord help me.  He wants to start seeing me every two weeks from here on out but otherwise, a perfect bill of health!!!!  When we finished with Dr. Richards we went back to the lab and they drew my blood.  The phlebotomist was such a nice lady and she told me she actually had twin boys as well so we had a lot in common.  My results should be back in a few days!
   We were finally done with the doctors and headed back home.  I was exhausted and it was time for a nap.  We see Dr. Richards again on January 15th and then again on January 30th along with Rhinehart. I have to go back to work on Monday and I am praying/crossing my fingers/willing myself to make it through January and February still being able to work.  It would really help us out from a financial position but if the babies are in jeopardy at any time I will, of course, do what is best for them.  83 days until I get to hold them in my arms...C.A.N.N.O.T. W.A.I.T!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment