Sunday, November 23, 2014

Has it really already been a year?
 
  I cannot believe that this time a year ago Mason and I were a few hours away from getting married!  And now, a year later we are a few months away from becoming parents...so surreal!  Our wedding was truly one of the best days of my life.  Our friends and family were a huge part of the day and we went to great pains to make the day a reflection of us.  Nothing went the way we wanted it to at first...the wedding was supposed to be on the beautiful patio of the clubhouse with the beautiful French doors opening to the patio with the lanterns lit...out of a magazine I tell ya.  Wellllll we woke up the day before to subzero temperatures and rain...sideways, tornado producing rain, predicted for the next day.  We had to make a call and we decided to move the ceremony indoors. It was not as beautiful as the vision I had originally but looking back, I could have cared less.  I will forever remember walking down that aisle to Mason, hearing all my bridesmaids sniffling and dabbing at their eyes with tissues...that's what I remember.  The feelings and the emotions of the day which just kept on coming until we drove away for the night.  Our pastor told us in counseling that the day was simply that, a day. That the most important thing was at the end of the day you will be MARRIED and partners for life and he was so right.  But to me, it was a perfect day...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
     I love looking through all these pictures...takes me back there and it was wonderful!  Afterwards, we spent 5 days driving to Salado and Fredericksburg and just being together. I came back with the flu but it was all totally worth it.  I think the best gift parents can give their children is staying in love and I think Mason and I do a pretty great job of that.
   In baby news, we are taking a tour of the labor and delivery floor at Presby on Tuesday. I also want us to tour the NICU but that one isn't available until January. I am trying to get as much done while Mason is in his slow season because once February comes he will be at work during the day and working afternoons/nights getting ready for spring.  Still haven't felt any movement and we hit 20 weeks this Wednesday so I am READY! Here's a 19 weeks and a few days belly shot from our sweet Harper's birthday party on Saturday...
 
 
19 weeks and 3 days
 
   It was such a cute party and Brooke did such a great job.  Harper had a blast but it was hilarious that as we were leaving it seemed that every child there hit their breaking point or needed their nap because all of a sudden EVERY kid was crying it seemed.  One was being dragged out the front door, Dalton was crying because his picture got "RUINED", Harper was melting down...it was HILARIOUS!  I guess we looked horrified so everyone kept looking at us and saying "oh just wait...your time is coming"!!!  Here are a few pics from Little Miss's big second birthday....
 

 
The Birthday Girl...and her markers!
 
 
 
 
 
 
  We are so lucky to have the friends we have and that they share their babies with us!  Can't wait for Owen and McKenna to come along and make friends with them.
  
 So to sum up, Happy Anniversary to this guy...
 


      Thank you for always making me laugh (whether I want to or not) and making life interesting to say the least.  I know how much you love me and what an amazing dad you will be and I feel so blessed for both of those things.  I promise not to lose myself in my role as your wife once our babies are born and to always love and cherish you as my partner and the father of my children.  Thank you for being my second chance at life and the best gift God has ever given me.  Here's to 50 more years together!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment