Wednesday, October 1, 2014

12 weeks!!!
 
   Wellllllll we made it through the first trimester and we are all still standing!  Not much has changed lately except we have decided on the carseats we want, the Chicco KeyFit 30.
 
 
 Now they aren't giving these babies away and aside from the ridiculous cost the bases themselves are $85.  We've decided to register for the carseats which will obviously come with their own bases but we need two more for Mason's truck, then two for my parents, and two for Mason's parents.  Sooooo, I started looking at Craigslist and emailing people about just purchasing the bases.  We are now the proud owner of 3 bases for less than $100. So, a few more to go! We are also the proud new owners of the snap-n-go stroller for twins.
 
 
 
   Every website I have looked at says if you only get one thing for twins get this stroller.  It retails for $120 and I got it for about $45! So anyway, that's really where we are. I am hoping for some relief soon from the nausea and fatigue. Sunday I didn't even get out of bed it just hit me like a mac truck and I got up to make a sandwich and go to the bathroom.  I sent Mason off to hang out with a friend and I just slept all day.  I am ready for this second trimester energy boost because walking three hours at the fair on Friday nearly wore me out.  We cannot WAIT until October 6th, our next sonogram of our little gummy bears.  We also get our Nuchal Fold test done and I am trying not to stress about that too much unnecessarily. Here are their stats at 12 months...
 
By 12 weeks, your twins will have each grown to 5.4cm (2.1in) long and will be fully formed.

Your babies' faces are beginning to look more human, with their eyes, which started out on the sides of their heads, now closer together. Their ears are almost in their final position on the side of their heads.

Your babies' livers are making enzymes, and their kidneys are producing wee. Their wee ends up in the amniotic sac after it passes through their bladders. Your babies' wee makes up most of the amniotic fluid during the second half of pregnancy. Amniotic fluid is essential for the development of your twins' internal organs, such as their lungs, and their limbs.

Your twins will squirm if you prod your tummy, though you can't yet
feel movement. Their nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly and neurological connections in their brain (synapses) are forming. Your twins will gradually develop more reflexes, and are now capable of closing their palms, curling their toes and clenching their eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment