Wednesday, October 15, 2014

14 Weeks and 2nd Trimester!

     We are nearly 4 months pregnant and Ebola has hit Dallas.  More specifically, the first Ebola patient in the U.S. DIED in the same hospital my doctor is in and where the babies are supposed to be delivered.  Most days I don't panic or let it bother me but they have had two more confirmed cases and it just gives me the willies.  I have spoken to my doctors and they all feel comfortable that we aren't in any danger going to see them at Margot Perot. A friend of mine who is also pregnant and a patient of my doctor's said she spoke directly to him today and he still feels confident there is no issue. But, he and the other doctors in the practice have been granted rites to practice in other hospitals JUST IN CASE. I don't deliver for another 4 months, at least, so I am praying it may be no big deal by then.
  In other news my sickness seemed to be getting better and then I got to week 14 and this morning I thought I was going to die again. Fortunately, a pill and a meal made it better and I was set for the rest of the afternoon.  I also had some weird pains Saturday night in the night and I felt wrecked on Sunday too. I am patiently waiting for this second trimester energy burst and cessation of sickness.  It is BETTER but I would love it GONE!
  In food news, I am very concerned about my protein intake.  I don't want to eat meat AT ALL, the thought of it makes me want to hurl. All I want to eat are carbs, salad, fruit, and popsicles.  I got in touch with the doctor and asked about protein powder and he gave me the green light so I am going to get some this weekend and start adding it to my fruit smoothies I have been making. 
   Over the weekend we went to some friends housewarming party.  Everyone got themselves good and "thirst quenched" while I ate at the kitchen island.  I was exhausted by 10:15 so I left Mason to have fun and I headed home for bed.

 
 
   I am also so very excited because we are having a GENDER REVEAL party in November! I have always loved the concept and since these will be our only babies I am so glad we get to have the opportunity to have it.  My sister and brother in law are opening their home and hosting our closest family and friends....check out the invite!
 
 
$12 on Etsy...print at home!!!
 
 
   According to BabyCenter, this is the developmental stage for our 14 week babies:
 
Fetal size: Length, 3 1/4 to 4 inches, crown to rump. Weight, around 1 ounce.

Fetal development milestones: Your babies' male or female genitalia are forming. Tissue under their faces and limbs is beginning to harden into bone. Their livers and spleens are producing red blood cells. Upper limbs are becoming proportionate to the rest of their bodies (although lower limbs are still underdeveloped).  Now into your second trimester, your babies' bones are beginning to harden in a complex process called ossification, where inorganic and organic compounds come together to help the skeleton harden. 
 
   And I will leave you with the belly...the one that no longer fits in any of my pants and very few of my shirts.  This belly is holding 2 peach size babies and it amazes me EVERYDAY that I have been chosen to carry out this task.  We are truly blessed!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment